It is quite rare to find somebody who you can truly call a "riding partner", someone you can depend on through the ups and downs of a challenging cycling adventure. I have been very fortunate to have ridden with Guillaume D'Aboville through a lot of Audax rides, the Everesting Challenge and last year's epic 1,200km Paris Brest Paris. I am definitely looking forward to do Race Across America with him next year!
Guillaume is a 58-year old Frenchman. He is family man to wife, Emma, and father to 3 daughters. He has been living in the Philippines for the past 33 years.
He is currently the Managing Director of GDA Power Resources Inc., a company involved in the field of Energy.
He has been competitively engaged in various sports such as football, rowing, rugby, karting, swimming and cycling. For him, sports is the best school of life teaching the values of discipline, determination, perseverance and respect for others.
Guillaume’s Athletic Background
Finisher Paris-Brest-Paris 2015 (1,230km cycling race in France)
- Finished 15 Audax rides (200km, 300km, 400km and 600km distance rides)
- First Philippine finisher of Hells 500 Everesting Challenge (8,487m vert. on one climb in one ride)
- Finisher Vuelta Dagupan 2015 (3-day race)
2010: Record holder of the 4-hour solo non-stop go-kart race (Philippines)
- Open water swim across the Verde Passage from Mindoro Island to Verde Island, Philippines (7km)
- First open water swimmer to cross from Mindoro Island to Luzon Island, Philippines (17km)
1996: Participated in the National Karting Championships in the Philippines
1980: Finisher of the “Paris-Dakar”, a 12,000km race in Africa on a dirt motorbike and won the “Team Fighting Spirit” award with 4 of his brothers